SMM21: DUY SS12


"Clothes should be simple but well thought. I love menswear for its tailoring qualities and womenswear, because it makes me dream. Great style happens when it really reflects who you are.
-Duy

Innovation. Simplicity. Structure.

DUY this season really created a clean, fantastic nu mod collection.
And although this season was influenced by the desert, the cactuses and Zorro I see more elements of a modern day mod with much more tailoring with a vague spanish feel.
A first venture into menswear for the designer although not such a departure if you see the masculine influence in past collections and this year adding feminine touches to his menwear designs.
 I would wear every piece on the male models which added a spice of edge to the girlier designs, I am always a supporter of men in tights/leggings. 
This showing was one of my favorites of the week with unexpected hem lengths, hard details to offset the soft flowiness, to create a dreamy world that can only be in his head.





Front Row I spy Denis Gagnon & Lolitta Dandoy












Love this look!




DUY
http://www.duycollection.com/